To partner with the people of Fiji to engage with the outer island Fijian communities bringing hope and improved quality of life through medical outreaches, practical workshops, and Bible Training.
For years Youth With A Mission (YWAM) teams around Fiji have engaged in bringing hope and blessing to the people of Fiji – mainly on the main islands of Viti Levu and Vanua Levu. There have been short-term outreaches into the Lomaiviti, Yasawa, Mamanuca, Kadavu, and Lau groups to a certain degree through visiting YWAM vessels in the past. Many people have been praying for the release of a Fiji based vessel to continue reaching out to the more isolated communities in the Fiji islands.
Todd and Ellen Mandeville from the USA have generously donated the use of their sailing yacht Mandolin. We have partnered with them to use Mandolin for an initial period of five years to further our services to the more isolated Fijian islands.
The plan is to use Mandolin to transport YWAM’s volunteer teams to the remote islands in Fiji to provide the following:
- Healthcare services
- Biblically based Community Leadership Training
- Agricultural and nutritional workshops
- Promoting systems such as Solar, bio-gas and hydroponics technology
- Sailing lessons for the youth
- Ministering the God’s love to people in various ways (prayer, visitation, kids ministry)